All about dedicated server review
Facts about Dedicated Server Hosting
What Is Dedicated Hosting?
Dedicated hosting, otherwise known as managed hosting service or dedicated server is a kind of internet hosting. Here, a client leases a whole server that is not at all shared with others. Dedicated hosting is highly flexible as compared to shared hosting, because organizations can have total control over their server/s. This includes the choice of hardware, operating system etc. There is also another level of dedicated or managed hosting commonly referred to as complex managed hosting.
If the client so chooses, the hosting company will provide server administration as an add-on service. In certain situations, dedicated servers can provide less overhead as well as a higher return on the client’s investment. These servers are usually housed in dynamic data centers that are akin to co-location facilities, which offer HVAC systems and redundant power sources. The server hardware is in fact owned by the service provider; in certain specific cases, the provider also offers support for applications as well as operating systems.
Availability, employee familiarity as well as price are the factors that determine which OSs are provided on the dedicated servers. Variations of open OS systems such as Unix and Linux are often offered to the client free of cost. Commercial OS is in the form of Microsoft Windows Server, offered via a program named Microsoft SPLA. Linux has a commercial version called Red Hat Enterprise that is offered to all hosting providers for a monthly fee. This includes OS updates via Red Hat Network by resorting to an application termed Yum. OS’s that can be had from the open source is free of cost. These comprise of CentOS, Debian, Fedora Core, as well as several Linux distributions or the BSD systems such as NetBSD, FreeBSD, and OpenBSD.
Benefits of Dedicated Servers
- Server Sources Not Shared: With Dedicated Servers you are offered the complete resources of a single server. Here, there is no problem of other websites getting clogged up in your dedicated server’s CPU as well as RAM.
- Increased security and performance: If you opt for a good dedicated hosting provider, it assures maximum uptime for your own website. If you are fortunate enough to have a lot of traffic to your website, dedicated servers can offer you enhanced reliability and stability than a shared hosting. Besides, with a dedicated server, you can be certain that you are not sharing space with a potential spammer or any malicious website. It also lets increased security which is especially important in the case of companies that manage sensitive transactions on SSL or FTP.
- Flexibility: Dedicated servers provide their clients a lot of flexibility that lets them customize their server according to the special requirements for RAM, CPU, software and disk space. A dedicated server allows organizations a customizable server environment that fits their needs. They can choose the platform and software they really need, allowing more control over how their dedicated server is configured.
- Your Own Unique IP Address: Every server comes with its very own and unique IP address. In case a neighbor of yours is an adult or spam site, chances are that your website’s rank will be pushed further down.
- Dedicated hosting, means you have your own special IP address which is highly important especially when you are a big company, having an e-commerce website, requiring SSL for processing credit cards.
- No Overhead: Providers of dedicated hosting are the ones who manage the expense of building as well as handling server equipment. This reduced your overhead considerably.
Providers of Dedicated Hosting in the UK
The following are the top 5 dedicated hosting providers in the UK: